The Cement Plant of JSC ‘Almalyk MMC’ to produce white and general-purpose (GP) construction portlant cement was created in the Dzhizak Region in 2014.
The Plant design capacity on the PTsB (ПЦБ) I-1 500\42,5 white portland cement is 350 000 tons per year, or on the TsEM (ЦЕМ) I 32.5 H GP construction portland cement – 760 000 t\y.
Internal market oriented realization:
- white portland cement 3 % and GP portland cement 86%.
Export oriented realization:
- white portland cement 97% and GP portland cement 14%.
The cement produced complies normative documents O’z Вые 761-96, Standard GOST 31108-2003, GOST 30515-97.
- to meet the growing cement demand in Uzbekistan without export amounts decrease;
- to expand capacities on output of portland cement;
- to master output of a new item of cement;
- to localize production of import-substitution products to save the currency fund;
- to manufacture export orientated products, aiming at further increasing of the export potential and additional taking of the currency funds;
- to provide new jobs.
Portland cement and its varieties are most widespread kinds of cement in the modern construction. Portland cement is a hydraulic binding material, produced by fine grinding of portland cement clinker with gypsum as well as with special additives.
GP portland cement is mostly used for reinforced-concrete construction works. It should be noted that portland cement is widely used in producing foam concrete, concrete and in civil and erection works, and also in walkway and pavement plate laying.
Wight cement is not an end product ready to be used as it is, it is a raw component, used to produce various kinds of construction materials, and is employed in the following sectors:
when producing dry construction mixes:
- crack fillers and plaster mixtures for indoor and outdoor works;
- colored masonry mortars;
- self-aligning mortars for floors;
- construction chemistry (plate glues and seam smoothing).
when manufacturing concrete products:
- man-made facing stones and bricks;
- terrazite floor and facing plates;
- walkway slabs and curbs;
- products of small architectural forms.
The Plant advantages:
When developing the project strategy, possibilities of its implementation must be taken in consideration, which are characterized by certain conditions, which, in turn, is a set of various (objective and subjective) factors, enabling enterprises to reach successes in realization of the targets, in implementation of projects, an also in gaining acceptable investment capital profits.
This Plant creation strategy meets the general purpose – modernization and technical and technological re-equipment of the building material industry’s enterprises, refitting them with modern advanced equipment, which provides output of quality, competitive and export orientated products.
The pre-requisite for the Plant creation were the increase of efficiency of the existing limestone and loess deposits, as well as the current firm demand for cement – in both the internal and external markets.
The Cement Plant has advantages as follows:
- proved reserves of suitable raw materials (the limestone and loess deposits);
- advantageous logistics of raw material supplies;
- stable high quality of due to introduction of up-to-date equipment;
- monopoly on the white portland cement market in Uzbekistan;
- comprehensive possibilities in terms of responding to market conditions due to the possibility to produce both white and GP construction cements.
Technology and equipment:
At the Plant, modern equipment are installed from world manufacturers with high level automation of the technological process.
The dry method of cement production is a modern technology, having a number of preferences compared with the traditional one. For example, in this case the power consumption is more than half as much, and the fuel consumption cut is less by almost 1.5 times. This technology is at present the most efficient way to obtain portland cement.
The Plant’s unique feature is that white and GP construction portland cement can be made on one process line with the capacity of 760 000 t\y portland cement, or 350 000 t\y white cement.
The production facilities set includes the mining unit with its three open pits, and the production process lines to produce cement.
Monitoring and control of raw materials, products, fuel, water quality control are provided by the existing Lab, which has all necessary equipment. The Lab. performs tests, control of the process and the end product as per EN 197.
During the production process, the cements go through controls and tests as follows:
- compressive strength of all types and classes;
- effectiveness indexes at steaming operation;
- time points of beginning and ending of the setting;
- grinding fineness and specific surface;
- signs of false set;
- unit activity efficiency of the Аээф natural radioactive nuclides;
- whiteness level as percentage of the absolute scale (for white portland cement).
The control and testing procedures are performed by sampling method in the Plant Lab.
To provide the quality of the products made, the Plant Analytical Lab is fit with equipment from leading companies such as ‘Termo Fisher’ Switzerland, ‘Inolab’ Germany, ‘Atom teknik’ Turkey, which provide conducting chemical analyses and chemical and mechanical tests, required to reach subsequently the level quality as per the ISO 9001 system.
The Analytical Lab of the Plant is certified by the Republic of Uzbekistan’s Uzstandard Agency.